Sunday, November 9, 2008

Don't Just DREAM.. Act!

As I said before, the DREAM Act is something I have been a sponsor of in the past. Dick Durbin, my senior senator from Illinois and I have worked diligently on the issue. I was a supporter of the DREAM act when I was in the state of Illinois and we were able to get it passed. I think it is the right thing to do. I think it is something that I will continue to work on. -Barack Obama
Source

After this historic election, we now have a democratic president who is an outspoken supporter of the DREAM Act. We also have 57 democrats in the Senate, along with 255 democrats in the U.S House of Representatives. While the odds are certainly in our favor, this does not mean that the road to victory will be easy. We still have our work cut out for us and we should not, in any way, stop fighting for DREAM's passage now. On the contrary, it is now when we need to work harder than ever to make our dreams a reality.

One extremely easy way to help is to go to Change.gov - Of the People, By the People and take a few minutes to let them know that passage of the DREAM Act should be a priority for 2009. Don't let the President-Elect forget about his promise to undocumented students.

Write letters, make calls, e-mail your senators and representatives, help combat the many lies that are spread about the DREAM Act, get informed, etc etc. There are many ways to get involved and do your part to make this happen. Now is not the time to sit around and wait for it to pass on its own. Now is the time to act!

No comments: